That so called "academic"

Well, I've been busy doing the modeling and the rigging part of my project since the semester started. Which means I didn't write a thing to satisfy the "academic requirement". As much as I hate writing in English...technically should be "typing"; at some point I gotta start doing it. I think that "point"....is now, unfortunately.

So here I would like to try to outline the structure of my thesis paper. After reviewing all the options of writing format we suppose to choose from, I figure the "magazine" format kinda fit my project the best. It's the only format would allow me to have a healthy combination of thesis elements and 3d technical researches. The only problem is that I cant find a decent template to follow, so I have to imagine the structure all by myself.
  1. Abstract_including the simplified version of thesis impetus and project description
  2. Domains and precedents
  3. Storyboard
  4. Methology_here is the part I will put my technical research
ok...the problem is obvious: How is this structure different from the "academic format"...well, I don't really know. But I imagine the editing of my thesis paper more like a normal magazine, which means the layout will be composed in a readable way for my potential readers, who are 3d rookies,like me, and people who are interested in VFX/motion graphic. It suppose to be one of those useful "how to" kind of essaies for people who are searching for technical help.

In my imagination, chaper 1~3 are really not that different than the academic papaer we been writing. What really will be diferent is the methodology part....I guess. Because according to my storyline, I have a bird to model/rig/texture. That itself is complex enough for an essay. Besides that, I also have fluid dynamic and some compositing, even camera tracking issues. That being said, is chaper 4 itself should be the "magazine essay"? Should I dump chapter 1~3 and only focuing on writing a useful, readable technical tutorial as final result of thesis writing? I dont know.....will ask Lousia later and we will see....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MentalRay Gets Bitchy On Transparency Map

Renaming multiple objects in maya+Mel resources

Story Board, revised version